The 9th Asian Leadership Conference took place in Walkerhill Hotel, Seoul, Korea from May 16th to 17th 2018. This Conference served as a starting point of our think thank creation.
The thematic experts led workshops on the theme of the year "Globalization In Crisis: Navigating the World with New Opportunities".
The agenda gathered different subjects: New Security Landscape of the Korean Peninsula, Collaboration for Regional Peace and Security, Opportunity for Sustainable Growth, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, New Phase of Prosperity in the Asia-Pacfic, Global economic Outlook, Tech Innovation, Global Entrepreneurs Foundation | Development of SMART HUMAN and GOOD HUMAN, and Entrepreuneurship Bootcamp.
Keynote speakers included:
- Dick Cheney, Former Vice-president of the United States
- Gerhard Schröder, Former Chancellor of Germany
- Jan Peter Balkenende, Former Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- William Perry, Emeritus Professor of Standford University/Former United States Secretary of Defense
- Kono Yohei, Former Speaker of the House of Representatives of Japan
- Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa, President of the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities
- Li Zhaoxing, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (PRC)
- Gloria Ai, Gounder & CEO of iAsk Media
- Chemi Peres, Managing General Partner & Co-Founder of Pitango/Chairman of the Peres Center for Peace and Innovation
The very special thing was that our actual President for Switzerland, Joachim Son-Forget, have done several speeches, as the attached program can attest.